Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 hrs
Another one from Mom! We used to beg for these as kids and they were never turned into left overs. This is a promise hit for any party, pot luck, or for kids. I've never had any teriyaki like these and they will always remain my favorite. These are awesome hot or cold and this great marinade also works for flank steak.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 lbs chicken drummettes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- For the marinade, combine first 5 ingredients together in a marinating dish or large plastic bag and mix well.
- Add chicken wings and marinate for 24 hours in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To cook, put butter in a baking dish and melt in the oven.
- Add chicken and 1/2 of the marinade and then bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn the wings and add second 1/2 of marinade, and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Discard marinade and drain wings on a wire rack.
These are very, very good tasting wings! I can't take the real hot ones, so half I cook 'my way', and lo, the others sneak some of these too!!