1 hr 30 mins
Karen Hertzberg's Note:
My mom had a way with taking inexpensive or left-over meat and cream soups and inventing wonderful casseroles. Here's one of my childhood favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In medium skillet over medium heat, sauté celery and onion in butter.
- 3Pour into large bowl and set aside (do not add to casserole dish yet).
- 4In skillet, brown the beef.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste (I sometimes add a dash of garlic salt).
- 6Combine meat with celery and onion mixture.
- 7Place 1 layer of Tater Tots in the bottom of a round casserole dish.
- 8Top with meat mixture.
- 9Add another layer of Tater Tots on top of the meat.
- 10In separate bowl, combine soup and milk.
- 11Pour soup mixture evenly over top of casserole.
- 12Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- 13Cover with foil if Tater Tots get too brown.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Tater Tots Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 951.4
- Calories from Fat 530
- Total Fat 58.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 91.1 mg
- Sodium 1697.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 30.2 g