Recipe by Oolala
Another of my Mom's recipes from our neighbor, Helene. It has a powerful sweet and tangy taste. This is nice with mini cooked cocktail franks or as a dipping sauce for "pigs in blankets." You can keep it warm in a crockpot. We like Ba-Tampte brand mustard or Hebrew National.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons prepared mustard, Jewish deli style
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a medium saucepan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, using a mixer, beat eggs, sugars, mustard and paprika together.
- Add vinegar and beat again.
- Pour this into the saucepan with the melted, cooled, margarine.
- Cook over low heat, stirring just until thickened; about 4-5 minutes.