Recipe by Bruce & Casey Lau
This is one of my favorites from when I was a kid. Mom, having four growing boys, had to come up with things that tasted good and quick to make.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Everyone had seconds and we still had leftovers. I used 16 oz of frozen green beans, 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn and Heinz 57 sauce was the only steak sauce I had. I think next time I'll try useing only one can of tomato soup. Very good thank you.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans green beans
- 1 can corn (optional)
- 2 cans condensed tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (I use A-1)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs potatoes, mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Start potatoes to boil for mashing.
- Brown beef with peppers and steak sauce, add onions towards the end of the browning so they soften slightly.
- Drain browned beef leaving enough of the juices for flavor and place in a medium casserole dish.
- Add beans, soup and corn if desired and stir to mix well.
- Spread mashed potatoes on top of mixture.
- Bake covered in an oven preheated to 375 for 25 minutes.
- Optionally remove covering and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes to brown the potato.