1/2 Photos of Mom's Swiss Steak Dinner
1 hr 45 mins
Comfort food all the way. I love swiss steak with fresh green beans, white rice and good crusty bread!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef chuck steaks, 1-inch thick, trimmed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 small new potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 1 (9 ounce) package green beans, frozen, fresh
- 1Heat oven to 425. Line 9 x 13 baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, leaving 1 1/2 inch overhang all around.
- 2Cut steaks into equal portions and place in prepared pan. Top with sliced onions and bell peppers. (I always use more onion and bell peppers, personal preference).
- 3Whisk together soup, tomatoes with juice, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a bowl until well blended. Pour over steaks, onions and bell peppers.
- 4Cover pan with large sheet of heavy duty foil; roll edges tightly with overhang to seal.
- 5Bake at 425 for 45 minutes.
- 6Add potatoes; reseal with foil. Bake additional 45 minutes.
- 7Uncover pan; add green beans. Reseal.
- 8Bake an additional 15 minutes or until beans are tender and steak is cooked through.
- 9Stir well before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Swiss Steak Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1121.7
- Calories from Fat 552
- Total Fat 61.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 1061.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 62.4 g