Recipe by babygirl65
Comfort food all the way. I love swiss steak with fresh green beans, white rice and good crusty bread!!
Top Review by SharonP
Cooked this in the crockpot in place of the oven...it was a big success...the family loved it and said to make sure to save the recipe...thank you for sharing your Mom's wonderful recipe.
- 2 lbs beef chuck steaks, 1-inch thick, trimmed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 small new potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 1 (9 ounce) package green beans, frozen, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425. Line 9 x 13 baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, leaving 1 1/2 inch overhang all around.
- Cut steaks into equal portions and place in prepared pan. Top with sliced onions and bell peppers. (I always use more onion and bell peppers, personal preference).
- Whisk together soup, tomatoes with juice, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a bowl until well blended. Pour over steaks, onions and bell peppers.
- Cover pan with large sheet of heavy duty foil; roll edges tightly with overhang to seal.
- Bake at 425 for 45 minutes.
- Add potatoes; reseal with foil. Bake additional 45 minutes.
- Uncover pan; add green beans. Reseal.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until beans are tender and steak is cooked through.
- Stir well before serving.