Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This was always one of our favorites growing up. It is now one of my own family's favorites, too!
Make and share this Mom's "swiss Steak" recipe from Food.com.
- In a skillet, brown meat on both sides. When browned, add soup, carrot, onion and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer about 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Use cornstarch and a small amount of cold water to make a slurry.
- Remove meat from skillet and add slurry. Stir until thickened.
- Serve gravy over mashed potatoes.
Although I have not tried this specific recipe..this is a recipe that my mom use to make. It is a comfort food that we use to eat all of the time in the winter! The only thing i would recomend is that when you brown the meat let the pan drippings burn a little. It makes the gravy a nice brown color and adds good flavour.