Recipe by Dienia B.
This is how our family makes Swiss Steak.
Top Review by Annacia
This is a real throwback to the 50's, it reminds me of my grandmothers cooking very much. Great taste and tender beef that went so well with mashed spuds and green peas. This would be yummy with mushrooms added and maybe a touch of garlic powder. We both very much enjoyed this recipe, Thanks for posting this Dee :D
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper the round steak.
- Flour the round steak.
- Pound flour into steak with a meat mallet on both sides.
- Cut onion into rings.
- Cut steaks from round steak.
- Fry the steaks in oil until brown. Set aside.
- Fry onions in the same pan.
- Add the meat back to the pan.
- Add the canned milk and enough water to make gravy.
- Simmer until meat is tender.