Recipe by Snewtie
Growing up my brothers n I loved this recipe. We'd fight over who got the most meatballs and over the pineapple bits my dad wouldn't eat. (Haha I always sat next to him so I'd steal them before anyone noticed!)
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 13 1⁄4-26 1⁄2 ounces canned pineapple (1-2 cans)
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 green pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup ketchup or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup tomato sauce or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients,shape into balls,cook in oven(350) for around 25minutes.
- Mix brown sugar and cornstarch in pot,stir in pineapple ,soy sauce and vinegar.
- Heat to boiling,add ketchup after it thickens.
- Add to meatballs with green peppers and cook,covered for twenty minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- I sometimes add 1 extra tablespoon of cornstarch to make it thicker,and I only use 1 can of pineapple.
- **Don't substitute Orange Juice for pineapple! My mom did that once and no one liked it.