Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mothers recipe. The absolute best..and easiest. Excellent with kielbasa or cocktail weiners too.
Make and share this Mom's Sweetish Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Soak the bread in milk.
- In a large pot, combine beer, chili sauce and brown sugar. Stir and simmer over medium heat, uncovered. While the sauce is simmering, combine meat, milk soaked bread, eggs, onion and spices thoroughly with hands and form small meatballs. Place meatballs on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
- At this point the sauce should be thicker and you can add the cooked meatballs.
- Simmer on low-medium heat, covered for 1 hour or until sauce is nice and thick.
- *Serve hot with toothpicks as an appetizer.
- **Serve over egg noodles or rice for a meal.