1 hr 35 mins
This is a recipe that my husband's family has been making for years. They usually make it for Christmas and Thanksgiving. We sometimes will eat it as a nice vegetarian meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil sweet potatoes or yams till soft. Mash together.
- 2Mix mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup melted butter, evaporated milk, eggs and vanilla. Mix together and beat well.
- 3Pour into a 9 X 13 pan.
- 4Now make the topping. Mix brown sugar, flour, and pecans together.
- 5Mix in remaining cup of melted butter (about 1/4 cup). Mix well.
- 6Pour topping on top of potatoes.
- 7Bake 40-50 minutes at 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 67.7 mg
- Sodium 152.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g