Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that my husband's family has been making for years. They usually make it for Christmas and Thanksgiving. We sometimes will eat it as a nice vegetarian meal.
- Boil sweet potatoes or yams till soft. Mash together.
- Mix mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup melted butter, evaporated milk, eggs and vanilla. Mix together and beat well.
- Pour into a 9 X 13 pan.
- Now make the topping. Mix brown sugar, flour, and pecans together.
- Mix in remaining cup of melted butter (about 1/4 cup). Mix well.
- Pour topping on top of potatoes.
- Bake 40-50 minutes at 350 degrees.