Recipe by Elizardbeth
This is a recipe that my husband's family has been making for years. They usually make it for Christmas and Thanksgiving. We sometimes will eat it as a nice vegetarian meal.
Top Review by CarrolJ
This was very good. I loved the addition of the pecans to it. I thought that I wouldn't and was pleasantly surprised. This would almost be good enough to cool and eat as a dessert. Made for PAC Fall 2009. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=310505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 8 medium sweet potatoes or 8 medium yams
- 3⁄4 cup butter (1 1/2 stick melted)
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sweet potatoes or yams till soft. Mash together.
- Mix mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup melted butter, evaporated milk, eggs and vanilla. Mix together and beat well.
- Pour into a 9 X 13 pan.
- Now make the topping. Mix brown sugar, flour, and pecans together.
- Mix in remaining cup of melted butter (about 1/4 cup). Mix well.
- Pour topping on top of potatoes.
- Bake 40-50 minutes at 350 degrees.