Recipe by BellaKitten
This recipe is originally from a Kraft advertisement in a holiday magazine last year. I tried it and loved it. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes (about 5 large)
- 4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups post selects cranberry almond crunch cereal, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups jet-puffed miniature marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F Place sweet potatoes on microwaveable plate. Microwave on HIGH 8 minute Turn potatoes over; continue microwaving 9 to 10 minute or until very tender. Let stand 5 minute Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop pulp into large bowl; discard skins.
- ADD cream cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to potato pulp. Mash with potato masher to desired consistency. Spoon into 9-inch square glass baking dish.
- MIX cereal and butter in medium bowl until well blended. Stir in marshmallows. Sprinkle evenly over potato mixture.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minute or until topping is golden brown and mixture is heated through.
- Mashed potato mixture can be prepared ahead of time. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. When ready to serve, uncover, sprinkle with streusel topping and bake as directed.