Recipe by coconutcream
This is the way my mom's always made sweet potato casserole. I didn't realize until this Thanksgiving, when I made dinner because she had to work, that this was her own recipe. I'm putting it here for safekeeping and so everyone else can enjoy it!
- 2 (29 ounce) cans sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- nutmeg, to taste
- cinnamon, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the sweet potatoes, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice.
- Put the potatoes and reserved juice in a mixer and mix until well mashed.
- Add the condensed milk and a few shakes of cinnamon and nutmeg (about four each, or whatever you like). Mix well.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for half an hour or until heated through.
- Cover top with marshmallowes.
- Return to oven for five to ten minutes, or until marshmallows are brown and crispy on top.