Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mother's famous sweet potatoes that were always on the Thanksgiving table. We have made sweet potato eaters out of more Yankees that I can remember!
- 2 (1 lb) cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Beat together the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, 1/2 cup butter, vanilla and milk.
- Spoon mixture into 1 1/2- 2 quart baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, butter and pecans.
- Sprinkle on top of sweet potatoes.
- Bake in 350°F oven about 45 minutes until center has puffed up and set.
We really did not care for this maybe it would be better with fresh sweet potatoes,instead of canned
I used fresh Kumara (sweet potato here in NZ)for this casserole, we liked this dish as it wasnt too sweet, the best tatse for me was the crunch of the sweetened pecans. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I look forward to making it again!