Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my mom's recipe. We often eat it at holidays.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 slices bacon
- Cook and crumbled the bacon.
- Set aside.
- Cook the broccoli until tender crisp.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients (except bacon) in a small saucepan.
- Heat over low-medium heat.
- Pour over top of the broccoli.
- Sprinkle the bacon on top.
I force fed my husband some of this (doesn't like broccoli, except sweet and sour broccoli salad) but he did eat this! I used the microwaveable ready cooked bacon and fresh broccoli. Roxygirl
I'm always looking for a new way to serve broccoli and really enjoyed this dish. Used steamed fresh broccoli, otherwise as stated. Just a touch of sweetness mixed with tangy vinegar-based sauce. Bacon adds a nice salty balance but let's face it, isn't everything better with bacon? Thanks, ladypit!
This was very unusual. It definately is sweet and sour at the same time! If you want to try something different for your veges give it a go