Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Another great recipe I received from my mom. Not hard to make and so yummy (even though I'm not crazy about cabbage normally, I love these).
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup cooked rice
- 6 large cabbage leaves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch ground allspice (if you have it)
- In a bowl combine egg, salt, pepper, Worc. sauce, onion, and milk; mix well.
- Add meat and cooked rice; beat together with fork.
- Immerse cabbage leaves in boiling water for 3 mins or just till limp; drain. (Heavy center vein of leaf may be slit about 2-1/2 inches if necessary.)
- Place l/2 cup meat mixture on each leaf; fold in sides and roll ends over meat. Place rolls in a baking dish.
- Blend together soup, brown sugar, lemon juice, and allspice and pour over cabbage
- rolls. (Reserve a little for basting.).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 minute Baste once or twice w/ sauce during cooking time.
Sorry, real Swedish cabbage rolls (k?ldolmar) isn't served with a tomato based sauce.