Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My second mom is a FANTSATIC cook. This is one of her recipes. YES IT IS SOUR CREAM- but what a surprise- quite a treat!
- 1 cup fresh peach, cut in pieces
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh seedless grapes (you can add additional fruit such as raspberries, kiwi, melon - BUT NO frozen or canned fruit!)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups sour cream
- Place all of fruit in 9 x 13 pan, sprinkle brown sugar over the top of fruit, then spread sour cream over top of that.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Mix together then serve.
Your Mom is indeed a good cook. This is a perfect recipe for those hot days in summer. I cheated and use already cut up fresh fruit from the deli, a combo of strawberries, pineapple, and kiwi. I added the blueberries. Half way into the marinating process I mixed up the sour cream and sugar. The result is a sweet cream that really enhances the tastes of the fruit. This would be a great pot luck or dinner "alfresco."
This was real good. Alittle different than just fruit salad. Very easy to make. I put in more fruit than it called for, but still had plenty of juice/sauce. Would be real pretty for Christmas dinner!