Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are undoubtably the BEST sugar cookies I have ever had! They are crispy and perfectly sweet. You may decorate them with colored sugars for the holidays.
- Cream together sugars, butter and salt until fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll 1 Tablespoon dough into a ball.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with a sugared glass bottom (take a"glass" glass, butter the bottom and press into sugar, repeat the sugaring as often as needed.) Repeat until all cookies are done.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes - do not brown.
I picked this recipe because the first reviewer said they were not sweet enough and that might appeal to others. Well I just made them! They turned out crisp and they are sweet but not too sweet.They were also extremely easy to make, I halved the recipe. One thing I did different was: I rolled the dough into little balls, dipped the ball in the sugar, sugar side up I pressed it down with a clean glass, this worked better for me. I am not a cookie person and make them more for my husband, friends and neighbours but I have nibbled away three of these cookies already!! Thanks to you and your Mom for this very easy and nice recipe
Sorry, but these just didn't wow us. We like crisp sugar cookies & your recipe looked easy (no rolling the dough, etc.) but they did NOT crisp. I assumed the 12-min bake time, per the top of the recipe page. For the 2nd batch, I made the cookies smaller, but no difference. These also are not very sweet, which I'm sure will appeal to others, but not to us.
mine are soft too, which was a happy surprise b/c I wanted soft sugar cookies, and they aren't too sweet, which I wanted! they ended up perfect, even though I was too lazy to smoosh them. chowing down on them currently!