Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Lenice at church. she was in her late 80's and this was HER mothers recipe This is a pretty old recipe. They are the best sugar cookies I've ever had.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups Crisco shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream sugar, brown sugar, butter, and Crisco shortening together.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls. onto a pammed cookie sheet it didnt say to do this but i know they greased things as a matter of course back then having had no non stick pans lol.
- Press with a printed sugar bowl dipped in sugar (see what I mean about being old?).
- Bake 12 minutes or until pale golden.