Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Lenice at church. she was in her late 80's and this was HER mothers recipe This is a pretty old recipe. They are the best sugar cookies I've ever had.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream sugar, brown sugar, butter, and Crisco shortening together.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls. onto a pammed cookie sheet it didnt say to do this but i know they greased things as a matter of course back then having had no non stick pans lol.
- Press with a printed sugar bowl dipped in sugar (see what I mean about being old?).
- Bake 12 minutes or until pale golden.