Dienia B.'s Note:
From Lenice at church. she was in her late 80's and this was HER mothers recipe This is a pretty old recipe. They are the best sugar cookies I've ever had.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Cream sugar, brown sugar, butter, and Crisco shortening together.
- 3Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- 4Mix in flour, salt, and baking soda.
- 5Drop by teaspoonfuls. onto a pammed cookie sheet it didnt say to do this but i know they greased things as a matter of course back then having had no non stick pans lol.
- 6Press with a printed sugar bowl dipped in sugar (see what I mean about being old?).
- 7Bake 12 minutes or until pale golden.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.6
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 108.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g