Recipe by Divinemom5
Makes a big, tender cookie for those who don't like crispy sugar cookies. Great for any holiday. My mom would kill me if she knew I was posting this recipe-it's a family secret...so don't tell!
Top Review by MizzNezz
These cookies are so good! They're nice and soft with a not too sweet taste. I just cut them in rounds and after baking, I sprinkled them with powdered sugar. Very easy recipe! I will make these again. Thanks Laura!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening (I use butter flavored)
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups flour, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar, shortening and eggs.
- Add 1 cup flour, soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Combine milk and vanilla.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with remaining 4 cups flour.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Roll onto lightly floured surface 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut with desired shapes.
- Bake on ungreased cookies sheets at 400°F for 8-10 minutes or until edges just begin to turn light golden brown.
- Cool and frost with favorite frosting.