1/2 Photos of Mom's Sugar Cookies
Makes a big, tender cookie for those who don't like crispy sugar cookies. Great for any holiday. My mom would kill me if she knew I was posting this recipe-it's a family secret...so don't tell!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar, shortening and eggs.
- 2Add 1 cup flour, soda, salt, and baking powder.
- 3Combine milk and vanilla.
- 4Add to creamed mixture alternately with remaining 4 cups flour.
- 5Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- 6Roll onto lightly floured surface 1/4 inch thick.
- 7Cut with desired shapes.
- 8Bake on ungreased cookies sheets at 400°F for 8-10 minutes or until edges just begin to turn light golden brown.
- 9Cool and frost with favorite frosting.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.6
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 79.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 2.3 g