- 1 white sandwich loaf bread (or two)
- 5 -6 stalks celery (per loaf)
- 1 onion (one med or large per loaf)
- 2 -3 eggs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute celery and onion in butter to soften. Cut or rip up bread into chunks. (Save a crust) Dry bread overnight or dry in the oven. Mix salt and pepper, parsley (Mom always used dried - use fresh if you have it), sage (1 tsp to start), bread, celery and onion. Add eggs. Mix. Add a bit of milk if you need more moisture to mix. Should hold its consistency but a be a bit yet on the dry side.
- Stuff bird - cover opening with crust. Do NOT pack in the bird. Stuffing will expand some.