Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my Mom's Thanksgiving stuffing passed down from Grandma.
- 4 -5 cups Texas toast thick bread
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepeppridge farm herb seasoned stuffing mix
- Remove crust and cube the Texas Toast.
- Toast cubes in the oven at 350 until golden brown about 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, over moderate heat.
- Saute onion, celery and herbs in butter until celery is softened about 20 minutes.
- Add toasted bread cubes to the vegetable mixture to soak up butter.
- Place bread and vegetable mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken broth, eggs, and Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Mix to the mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a greased 9x13 baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Let me be the first to review this recipe. This stuffig is delicious and is probably my favorite thing out everything served at our Thanksgiving dinner. The texture and the flavor is perfect. Mom and Grandma sure knew how to cook!