Lab Lover's Note:
This is my Mom's Thanksgiving stuffing passed down from Grandma.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove crust and cube the Texas Toast.
- 2Toast cubes in the oven at 350 until golden brown about 10 minutes.
- 3Melt butter in a large skillet, over moderate heat.
- 4Saute onion, celery and herbs in butter until celery is softened about 20 minutes.
- 5Add toasted bread cubes to the vegetable mixture to soak up butter.
- 6Place bread and vegetable mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- 7Add chicken broth, eggs, and Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Mix to the mixing bowl.
- 8Mix thoroughly.
- 9Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Place in a greased 9x13 baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top Thanksgiving Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 55.7 mg
- Sodium 565.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Texas toast thick bread