Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My personal favorite dessert. It's the best when made in the summer from strawberries freshly picked or bought at farmer's market. If you're diabetic or want to lighten the recipe up just substitute the sugar for 1 1/2 times the amount in Splenda.
- 1 prebaked 9-inch deep pie shell
- 4 cups strawberries, about 1 quart
- 1 cup cool water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- Bake 9" pie shell according to it's directions and allow to cool.
- Clean and cut strawberries. Pour into pie shell.
- On the stovetop, cook the water, sugar (or Splenda), and cornstarch until thick. Cornstarch will lump as it heats and thickens so be attentive with a whisk. Add strawberry jello mix (the powder, not pre-made jello) and combine thoroughly. Allow to cool but not gel.
- Pour jello mixture over strawberries and refrigerate until fully gelled.
- Personally, I like it best if you pour the jello mixture over strawberries and allow to gel without chilling the strawberries. I think it takes away from the flavor when the berries get too cold.
YUMMY and EASY! Made it for the first time today, but not the last. I will be making this pie again. Thanks for sharing this recipe!