Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
When my mom makes this recipe she knows that the next day she would be asked for more! It is perfect as a desert or even for breakfast. A mouthwatering dessert that is my absolute favourite. The servings is per tart and may change according to the way you cut it.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (or any kind of vanilla used with eggs)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 10 cups prepared strawberry gelatin, prepared as instructed by manufacturer
- 2 cups strawberry juice (start with it and add more according to taste)
- 2 cups fresh strawberry slices, amount as preferrable
- chocolate shavings
- Combine flour, butter, baking powder, sugar and salt with your finger tips until flour dissolves and all combine.
- add eggs and form a dough using ur hands, if it becomes too dry add small amount of milk.
- spread in the tart pan such that it covers the sides too, pierce with a fork.
- bake at 230 Celsius until its golden yellow from the top, if it does and still not golden yellow from bottom lower it in the oven.
- directly after it comes out sprinkle pinches of chocolate on top and spread so that it forms kind of a very thin layer and leave to cool down. (the chocolate is only used so that the crust wouldn't be softened when the jello is added on top).
- get the jello out of the fridge after it was hardened and blend it with strawberry juice, dont blend it too much we want it to be a little thick, check the flavor and add more strawberry juice and sugar if required.
- stir in strawberry slices and pour on the tart.
- add strawberry on top and garnish with whipping cream.
- put it in the fridge until jello and juice combination hardens.