Recipe by Queen of Harts
Mom used to make this dish when I was growing up and it is the epitome of comfort food for me! I make it for my family now. It is super easy and super tasty, especially with green bean casserole!
Top Review by ElaineAnn
This was easy and delicious. I had to use Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix as Stove Top is way too salty for me. Homey comfort food for sure! Thanks for sharing Queen! Made for Fall PAC 2011.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk (I usually eyeball it)
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix, sage (I use Stove Top)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9X13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, dump chicken soup. Slowly add milk, a splash at a time, while stirring until combined. Mixture should still be somewhat thick and not soupy.
- Place chicken breasts in baking dish. Pour soup mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Top the chicken with Stove Top. I don't usually measure it. We like a lot on top! Drizzle the top of the stuffing mix with the melted butter and cover the dish with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes; remove foil and bake 15 minutes more, until browned on top.