Recipe by sly girl in van
My mother gave me this recipe years ago. It's a wonderful after dinner treat.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, mace, nutmeg and instant coffee.
- Cut in butter until mixture is the size of peas.
- Beat egg, stir in sour cream and baking soda.
- Pour all at once into dry ingredients, mixing just enough to dampen.
- Spread into a greased and floured 9 inch square cake pan.
- Sprinkle top with nuts (may be omitted).
- Bake at 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.