Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
My mom got this recipe off a can of Pillsbury Refrigerated Biscuits. We all love doughnuts and this is a quick and extremely easy way to make them, they are wonderful and taste scrumptious. They really "hit the spot" if you are craving doughnuts. She uses Vanilla and Chocolate whipped cake icing to frost the doughnuts and just rolls the doughnut holes in powdered sugar. YUM! * Note this is her adapted recipe that she uses, but you can coat your doughnuts with the icing or coating of your choice.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) canpillsbury country refrigerated biscuits
- 1 (15 ounce) containerwhipped vanilla icing (to top doughnuts)
- 1 (15 ounce) containerwhipped chocolate icing (to top doughnuts)
- powdered sugar (to coat the doughnut holes)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- In deep fryer or heavy saucepan, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- Using small round cookie cutter or (mom uses a large size, clean left over perscription bottle, the size of the opening is just right), cut hole in center of each biscuit, so that you have several doughnuts and holes.
- Fry each doughnut and holes in hot oil at 375 degrees until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side; drain.
- While hot roll doughnut holes in powdered sugar to coat.
- Let doughnuts cool, then ice them with either vanilla icing or chocolate icing.