Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was a rice my Mom served with fish quite a bit. Easy and delicious.
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 10 1⁄2 ounces French onion soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 14 ounces canned mushroom slices, do not drain
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Spray a casserole dish with Pam. Add rice, butter, soup, water and can of mushrooms (undrained) to dish.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour in a 350 oven. Stir occasionally while rice is baking. Add pecans during last 10 minutes of baking time.
Nice flavor! Loved the mushrooms and nuts. This really dresses up the rice. We did serve this with haddock, and the dinner was sublime. Good recipe. Made for PAC fall 2008.