Recipe by 2bizzy
This is an ice cream cake that I found on another website. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks good!
- 18 ounces nestle toll house refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (6 oz)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ounces nestle toll house unsweetened baking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR COOKIES:.
- Bake cookies according to package directions; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Chop cooled cookies into small pieces.
- FOR WALNUT MIX:.
- Preheat oven to 375; grease 8" square cake pan.
- Combine walnuts, butter, and brown sugar in small bowl. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes; stir well. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- FOR CHOCOLATE SAUCE:.
- Combine evaporated milk, morsels, powdered sugar, baking bar and butter in medium, heavy-duty saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted. Reduce heat to low; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon vanilla extract. Cool completely.
- TO ASSEMBLE:.
- Wrap outside of 9 or 10 inch springform pan with foil.
- Spread 1/3 of crumbled cookies on the bottom of pan. Top with half of the ice cream and half of the chocolate sauce.
- Combine remaining crumbled cookies and walnut mixture in medium bowl.
- Spread half of the cookie-walnut mixture over chocolate sauce.
- Top with remaining ice cream, chocolate sauce (reserving 2 tablespoons) and cookie-walnut mixture.
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Cut a hole in corner of bag, squeeze to drizzle chocolate sauce over top of dessert.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To Serve, let stand at room temperature 20 minutes. Remove side of springform pan. Cut into slices.