Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Old time recipie from mom.
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- parsley (optional)
- Bring 2 qts water to boiling in a 3 or 4 qt saucepan.
- Sift flour& salt.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl combine egg& water.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir till smooth.
- (batter should be very thick& break from a spoon not pouring in a continuous stream) Spoon batter in to boiling water by 1/2 tsp dipping spoon in water each time.
- Cook 1 layer of noodles at a time,donot over crowd Allow noodles to rise to surface.
- Boil gentley 5-8 minutes or until tender.
- Remove noodles with slotted spoon to a warm bowl.
- Toss noodles with margerine sprinkle with parsley if desired& serve Serves 4-6.
I am in Florida and the stores here no longer carry these.I was so happy to find this recipe.Very,Very good will use again and again