Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Absolutely favorite meal of all in our home. I tried Jo Mama's World Famous Spaghetti this weekend and was told emphatically "you MUST enter 'our' recipe!" Sharlene W, I would love your opinion!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes or 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3 cans mushroom soup
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 10 pimento pepper, chopped (not hot!)
- 1 can mushroom, sliced
- Fry onions and garlic in a minimal amount of oil in a large heavy pot until onions are soft.
- Add meat and stir-fry until browned.
- Add Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, Tomato Juice and Mushroom Soup, stirring to blend.
- Add Green Peppers and Italian Seasoning.
- Simmer for 45 minutes for flavours to blend, stirring occasionally.
- Add Pimento Peppers and canned mushrooms.
- Simmer for 15 minutes more.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti with a sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese.
- Freezes exceptionally well for those"pull-out of the freezer" days.