Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is the best spaghetti sauce -- everyone who tries it loves it. I've made it in the crock pot successfully also.
- 1⁄2 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups canned tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Brown the meats and onions and drain.
- Stir in garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaf, Worchestershire sauce, chili powder, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Cook, covered, over low heat 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally and adding water if needed.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.