Recipe by chefdinaowe
My mom taught me how to make this spaghetti sauce when I was in high school. She is my mentor and the best cook I know. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pot. Add onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until completely brown. Add tomatoes, paste, water, parsley, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and sugar. Mix thoroughly. Let come to a boil and then turn down heat to a simmer. Let simmer at low heat for at least one hour. If it becomes too thick you made add a little water as needed. That's it. Serve over your favorite pasta and your done.