Recipe by Cook in Mid TN
This is an easy recipe that I made up years ago...my family loves it and have for many years. It's one you can add or subtract from depending on your likes and dislikes.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 large onions
- 1 large bell pepper
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 (1 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (Ragu recommended)
- 2 teaspoons cumin (can add more)
- 1 -2 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (optional)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package spaghetti sauce mix (powder)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat until browned.drain.
- add onions and garlic.
- saute.don't burn garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients except bell pepper.
- About halfway through, add chopped bell pepper. Cook slowly for at least an hour or more. I cook mine very slow and sometimes several hours.
- Serve over hot pasta.
- You may add keilbasa or italian sausage if you like -- or pepperoni. I cook these seperate and drain before adding, if at all. They will make it very greasy otherwise.