Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Southern Style meatloaf like mom used to make.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all meat loaf ingredients well and place in a baking dish.
- Shape into a loaf.
- Topping: Mix ingredients for topping and spread on loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour.