Recipe by Sherri35
These are a light, fluffy sugar cookie that have been a favorite of mine for years.
Top Review by s. anne
this recipe is AMAZING. fluffy sugar cookies with a perfect, subtle lemon-y taste.. really good with some whipped frosting on top. definitely going into the permanent recipe book.
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 well beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and 2 cups sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, sour cream, lemon juice and lemon extract.
- Mix well.
- In separate bowl, mix flour with baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Drop from spoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Grease bottom of small glass, dip into sugar and gently press cookie flat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.