These are a light, fluffy sugar cookie that have been a favorite of mine for years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening and 2 cups sugar.
- 2Add eggs, vanilla, sour cream, lemon juice and lemon extract.
- 3Mix well.
- 4In separate bowl, mix flour with baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- 5Add to creamed mixture.
- 6Drop from spoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- 7Grease bottom of small glass, dip into sugar and gently press cookie flat.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Southern Cream Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.5
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 365.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 7.5 g