Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favorite foods as a kiddo, and soooo easy to make. Great to take to pot-lucks or make for company.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in large saute pan on medium.
- Cube chicken and cook in saute pan.
- Remove seeds from peppers, and dice.
- Press or mince garlic.
- Add peppers and garlic, along with seasonings to chicken.
- When chicken is cooked through, add 1/3 cup of sour cream to mixture.
- Coat 9x13 inch casserole dish with thin layer of sour cream.
- Fill tortillas with about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture, and place in dish.
- Spoon the rest of the sour cream over the enchilladas (being careful to thouroughly cover, because exposed tortillas will be crunchy)
- Sprinkle cheese over enchilladas.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until cheese is melted and slightly bubbly.
very tasty sauce, will definately make this again! my sour cream separated also, but did what carrolJ suggested and added some milk and it turned out much nicer. We used sharp cheddar cheese and it was a wonderful mexican meal night. Made for Fall PAC09 thank you!
These were very good. I especially loved the taste of the filling. I would have liked a creamer sauce around them...I covered each well with sour cream as instructed...but it curdled while baking. It didn't affect the taste of course. I think next time I will mix a little milk with the sour cream I use for topping so that it is a little thinner topping. I covered it well with one of those 'fiesta' shredded cheese and served it with salsa. I will be making this again. Easy and good. Made for PAC Fall 2009. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=310505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0