Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe from Andrew's mother. The smell of the cookies baking always reminds me of Christmas, but we make them all year long. They're very soft.
- Cream the sugar and shortening or butter together.
- Add in the molasses and egg and beat until well blended.
- Separately, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add the flour mixture slowly into the wet ingredients.
- Use a teaspoon to drop small balls on greasing baking sheets.
- Dip a fork in flour and lightly press down on the balls.
- Bake at 375 F or 190 C for 6-8 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies.