This is a recipe from Andrew's mother. The smell of the cookies baking always reminds me of Christmas, but we make them all year long. They're very soft.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the sugar and shortening or butter together.
- 2Add in the molasses and egg and beat until well blended.
- 3Separately, mix together the dry ingredients.
- 4Add the flour mixture slowly into the wet ingredients.
- 5Use a teaspoon to drop small balls on greasing baking sheets.
- 6Dip a fork in flour and lightly press down on the balls.
- 7Bake at 375 F or 190 C for 6-8 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Soft Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (686 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.0
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 110.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g