Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I know that there are a lot of recipes for snicker doodle cookies but this is the recipe that my mother made while we were growing up and brings back wonderful memories. Just a guesstimate on how many cookies this makes.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar together in a seperate dish and set aside.
- Cream together the butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs.
- Blend in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into balls by rounded teaspoons.
- Roll balls in cinnamon mixture.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Remove immediately from cookie sheet.
These cookies were very good! Just made them crispy on the edges and soft in the middle. Yummy!