Recipe by Doozie
This was my mother's favorite recipe to put together when she had no time. It took just a few minutes to put together and with the boil in the bag rice they have on the market today....it sure is a snap when the day and the small children have you wiped out. It is now my favorite "no time to cook" recipe. The onions cook down and make their own savory broth to mingle with the butter. I think you will like this recipe, especially when you have "no time" to fuss over a meal.
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- salt & pepper
- paprika (optional)
- 3 -4 large onions, sliced & separated into rings
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Smear 1 teaspoons butter or margarine over the bottom of your medium sized casserole dish.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and optional paprika over the chicken thighs.
- Put 3 thighs in the bottom of the casserole dish, and dot with butter.
- Top with half of the onion rings and dot that with butter.
- Add another layer of chicken thighs and dot with butter.
- Add the rest of the onion rings and dot with butter.
- Cover casserole dish and place in a 350 degree oven.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until the chicken is tender.
- Plate your cooked rice on a platter.
- Spoon the onions and the onion flavored butter broth over the top, mix in lightly.
- Top with the chicken thighs.