Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe is asked for at every group outing or celebration. It is easy to fix and taste great. <><
- 3 lbs ground beef or 3 lbs venison
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup oats
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- Brown ground beef. Drain. Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve on hamburger buns.
Great basic simple sloppy joe -- exactly what DD15 likes. Meat and sauce, no extraneous veggies in this version, and an easy crock-pot approach. Made for Pick A Chef, March 09.