Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I am trying to recreate a dish that is similar to the one Mom made when we were little kids. I believe this is pretty close, so I am posting for my own use.
- Blot the pork chops with paper towels, then dredge with the flour and some paprika.
- Heat oil in electric skillet (300F) and brown chops on both sides, approximately 3 min per side, remove to platter.
- Brown onions, smash garlic and cook one minute, then add chops back to skillet.
- Mix remaining ingredients into a sauce and pour over chops.
- Cover and turn skillet down to 250F and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- If sauce is thin you can thicken it with cornstarch.
- Serve over rice.