Recipe by mums the word
I am trying to recreate a dish that is similar to the one Mom made when we were little kids. I believe this is pretty close, so I am posting for my own use.
- 4 -6 boneless pork chops
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Blot the pork chops with paper towels, then dredge with the flour and some paprika.
- Heat oil in electric skillet (300F) and brown chops on both sides, approximately 3 min per side, remove to platter.
- Brown onions, smash garlic and cook one minute, then add chops back to skillet.
- Mix remaining ingredients into a sauce and pour over chops.
- Cover and turn skillet down to 250F and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- If sauce is thin you can thicken it with cornstarch.
- Serve over rice.