Recipe by Beer, Brats, and Cheese
This is different then most Swiss steak recipes (she's made it for more than 20 years and I still don't get tired of it.)
Top Review by DebraAnn Taylor
Oh my this is comfort food to the extream. My mom made this too, but all on the stove top. Very easy, and oh so yummy.. Thank you.. We served it with mash potatoes.. what a great meal.
- 6 beef round steak
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and pepper.
- Dredge the steaks in the flour.
- Fry in a nonstick pan using no oil or butter.
- Lightly brown both sides.
- Mix soup and water together.
- Pour in a large medium depth casserole pan.
- Add steaks in the pan (don't stack them).
- Bake at 375°F in oven for 45 minutes. Flip once or twice.