1/1 Photo of Mom's Simple Pumpkin Roll
Jill Handlon's Note:
This is mom's basic pumpkin roll recipe. Very simple for a simply wonderful alternative to the pumpkin pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar, sifted, for rolling and for decoration
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Beat eggs for 5 minutes to make fluffy.
- 3Add sifted self-rising flour, sugar, and spices along with pumpkin. Mix through.
- 4Spread mixture into a greased & floured 10"x15" baking pan (a large cookie sheet will work fine).
- 5Bake for 15 minutes.
- 6Take a medium sized kitchen towel (one that is larger than the cookie sheet), lay it flat and heavily sprinkle with sifted flour.
- 7Invert cake onto towel, and roll cake and the towel together. Cool in fridge.
- 8Combine softened cream cheese, softened margarine, sifted powdered sugar and vanilla with mixer.
- 9Once pumpkin cake is cooled, unroll and spread all cream cheese icing over cake.
- 10Reroll cake, but make sure to not put too much pressure on cake, as icing will ooze out the sides.
- 11Place seam side down and refridge again.
- 12Sprinkle top with extra sifted powdered sugar for decoration.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Simple Pumpkin Roll
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.2
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 80.7 mg
- Sodium 422.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g