My Mom literally makes this granola every other day. It barely makes it off the cookie sheet before it is gone. Great as a cereal with milk, as a snack, as a topping to yogurt, OR dare I say, a topping to create fruit crisp. I like to make mine with milk chocolate chips or dried cranberries, but you can add any extras you like!
- 6 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄2-1 cup sliced almonds (or any nut of choice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or almond extract or a combination of both)
- chocolate chips (optional)
- dried cranberries (optional)
- raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a glass measuring cup or bowl, microwave honey, oil and vanilla extract for one minute.
- Pour honey mixture over dry ingredients.
- Stir until mixture is well coated.
- Spread into a lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Stir granola and spread out again.
- Bake an additional 6-7 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Break up granola and add desired "extras" (chocolate, dried fruit).