Recipe by TaraAnn66
I actually think my mom got this from an aunt of mine...so simple and you can add anything! We added a couple of things to the original...
Top Review by Charlotte J
Excellent! This was ready in less then 30 minutes. The kids loved it. I loved because it was fast to make and the flavor was so good! I used 2 cups of elbow mac and boiled it for 4 minutes. Put it in the pan with everything else and cooked for another 10 minutes to absorb the liquids. Use 1 teaspoon each of the italian seasoning and salt. I'll be making this recipes for years to come!! Made for *PAC Fall 2007* game
- 453.59 g lean hamburger
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 354.88 ml elbow macaroni, cooked (or any other type of small pasta)
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 411.06 g can stewed tomatoes
- 226.79 g can sliced mushrooms
- italian seasoning (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste) or garlic salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry hamburger, pepper, and onion in large skillet.
- Drain fat if needed (if you're not sure, you can also only cook the macaroni part way so that while simmering the uncooked pasta will soak up excess moisture when added to the mixture).
- Add remaining ingredients and heat well.
- Add macaroni and heat through.