Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was my Mother's Simmered Pork Chop recipe which I believe is the absolute best pork chop recipe I have ever tried. Easy too! Try it - you'll love it!
- 4 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- salt & pepper
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can applesauce
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sage
- Season meat with salt& pepper.
- Brown in skillet.
- Combine applesauce, onion, catsup, water, soy sauce and sage.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- I've cooked it longer and it is still tender, moist and the sauce it has simmered in is mouth-watering!
- Use yellow or red onion-- I prefer red onion.
- I've even used cinnamon applesauce I had on hand and the chops were just as tasty and delicious.
- Often served with spanish rice and a green vegetable.
- I hope you enjoy this family recipe.
The flavors of this are really great! I followed it exactly and have no complaints! Thank you!
We all loved it! I also used garlic powder to season the meat while it browned. I took your advice and made a prepared Spanish rice and had green beans. Thanks for a simple "Keeper"!
I cooked two chops but did not cut back on the sauce. Served this over rice and the sauce was terrific. Used homemade apple sauce, half the ketcup and fresh sage. Turned out great. Thanks Snuggie