This was my Mother's Simmered Pork Chop recipe which I believe is the absolute best pork chop recipe I have ever tried. Easy too! Try it - you'll love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season meat with salt& pepper.
- 2Brown in skillet.
- 3Combine applesauce, onion, catsup, water, soy sauce and sage.
- 4Pour over meat.
- 5Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- 6I've cooked it longer and it is still tender, moist and the sauce it has simmered in is mouth-watering!
- 7Use yellow or red onion-- I prefer red onion.
- 8I've even used cinnamon applesauce I had on hand and the chops were just as tasty and delicious.
- 9Often served with spanish rice and a green vegetable.
- 10I hope you enjoy this family recipe.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Simmered Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.3
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 1005.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 24.5 g