Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was my Mother's Simmered Pork Chop recipe which I believe is the absolute best pork chop recipe I have ever tried. Easy too! Try it - you'll love it!
- Season meat with salt& pepper.
- Brown in skillet.
- Combine applesauce, onion, catsup, water, soy sauce and sage.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- I've cooked it longer and it is still tender, moist and the sauce it has simmered in is mouth-watering!
- Use yellow or red onion-- I prefer red onion.
- I've even used cinnamon applesauce I had on hand and the chops were just as tasty and delicious.
- Often served with spanish rice and a green vegetable.
- I hope you enjoy this family recipe.
The flavors of this are really great! I followed it exactly and have no complaints! Thank you!
We all loved it! I also used garlic powder to season the meat while it browned. I took your advice and made a prepared Spanish rice and had green beans. Thanks for a simple "Keeper"!