1/2 Photos of Mom's Shrimp Creole
Simple, tasty and impressive for guests. What more could you want?? Serve with green salad and garlic bread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup frozen okra, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1Saute green pepper, celery and onion in veg oil until tender. Set aside.
- 2Combine in large saucepan: frozen okra, chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, worstishire sauce, salt, pepper, cornstarch and cooked veggies. Heat until lightly boiling. Simmer 5-10 minutes.
- 3Add shrimp 5 minutes before ready to serve. Cook until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- 4Serve over hot white rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Shrimp Creole
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 147.2 mg
- Sodium 620.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 19.8 g