Recipe by startnover
I love this pie!!!!!! The best apple pie I've ever had. It keeps well and is huge. Great for a crowd, especially a summer bbq! You can also make it, freeze it, and bake it later!!!!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup Crisco
- 14 cups sliced apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons tapioca
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust, mix dry ingredients and Crisco until it resembles small peas.
- Add beaten egg and milk.
- Roll out with flour 2 crusts (top and bottom) to fit a large cookie sheet.
- Combine all filling ingredients.
- Lay bottom crust in cookie sheet do not press down, and pour filling over crust.
- Dot pie with margarine (approximately 1/4 cup).
- Lay top crust over all. Cut edges to fit and do not crimp edges.
- Brush top crust with egg white mixed with 1/4 cup milk. Do not make steam slits.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.